Scarf Progress

Friday, October 16, 2009

Get Fit

My birthday was this Wednesday and as a gift, I got the Wii Fit Plus. The term feature rich was coined for a device such as this. I feel like an infomercial guru every time I start talking about it. I’ve only scratched the surface of all the variations of games/exercise/yoga posses it has. In short order, all of the family including the cat were registered. Unfortunately, the cat cannot exercise with the Wii. I would have loved to see the cat on the ski jump, they land on all fours don’t they?

The rest of us slobs were told our ‘real’ age. I have to say that I think the science behind ‘real’ age is suspect. Height/Weight charts are bad enough but telling someone they are older or younger based on health parameters is kind of like saying that everyone, EVERYONE, should drop dead on their 95th birthday like some kind of cable service cutoff date. So on my 36th birthday apparently I am ‘really’ 39. Not bad considering that Cheryl is very put out that her ‘real’ age is 41. Abby was confirmed to be a practically perfect 4 but the other kids were told that they could drive and pay taxes.

The big thing the Fit stresses is balance. At the risk of sounding prideful, I have pretty good balance. I’m not a tight rope walker (mostly it’s the height thing) but I can keep from falling off a slow moving skateboard. So far I am the champion ski jumper and Segway racer but I’m sure the rest will catch up.

This isn’t really a game review so suffice it to say we are having fun with it. Otherwise the birthday went well with family phone calls and a meal including Brats, Kraut, Carrot cake and Root Jack, a pirate themed orange flavored root beer. I found a place locally that stocks it and have been fighting temptation ever since.

The weather has turned cold and remains soggy so I don’t know how much longer I can keep running outside. Cheryl will be doing a half marathon Tomorrow but I’m just not on that level yet so will be home with the kids. It will be down in Indy so maybe a little warmer weather. I guess I prefer the cold to the hot summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment